Inman Park Friends and Family

Inman Park Friends and Family
Usher Raymond IV aka Usher, Solomon Smallwood & I

Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Weather Channel



Many of you know that during the winter months The Weather Channel is my favorite channel....just ahead of ESPN. I was so obsessed with TWC back in elementary and middle school that I would stay up all night waiting for them to say it started snowing....it rarely did and I would be tired all day at school. I recently met one of the executives at this great station and I told him my OCD re TWC. He invited Jen and I for a personal tour. It was cool (no pun intended), we were there for about 90 minutes and learned about the entire operation: programming, advertising, graphics, editing, affiliates, weather.com, why the local forecasts looks different in different markets, meteorology of course, etc. We even met some of the on air personalities and then watched them in action! That Stephanie Abrams is sharp! Thanks Bob and Amy for a great tour!

Other tidbits:
There are no cameramen, all the cameras are robotic.

They are live 22 hours of the day.

Small, family owned company.

No comments: